Shocking Experience
When I got home from the NAD ASAM Convention I was shocked to read the news.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/st...alley.html

This man has managed my RRSP for the past two years. When I moved to Alberta I was referred to him by the people handling my fund back where I moved from. And now this.....please pray that I won't lose anything from the fund. I really, really need it when it is time for me to retire.
Make it Happen! :-)
DARLENE

yes I will be praying for you and this situation

dgrimm60
Well the man is in jail, of course. Today I drove by his office and saw a phone number to call if you wanted to get in. I phoned and a lady answered and she gave me another number to call. When I called them they explained that all customers had been transferred to a manager in Toronto and that they are sending a letter to customers telling us what to do, etc. So, it sounds like my RRSP is still all together. Now I need to decide whether to leave it with that company or to move it.....
DARLENE

WELL keep us up to date and still praying for this situation

dgrimm60
Today I received the letter which assures us that the mother company has taken charge and is going to look at each account. They say they do not believe that any of Malley's client accounts have been compromised. However they have started a comprehensive forensic review of all accounts. So, I guess we'll just have to wait.
DARLENE

thank you for this up date

dgrimm60
I received a bank statement about my RRSP this week and it is slowly gaining. Hopefully soon it will be back up to the highest it was when Brian Malley was caring for it. It's not a good feeling to lose so much.....especially when you're getting older. :-)
DARLENE

well at least is is moving upward

dgrimm70
Yes, that certainly would be shocking! What a guy..... Glad things are improving for you.
Yes, what a guy! Actually whenever I talked to him, he was very nice so it was a real disappointment to hear what he had done. Actually he has not yet been convicted that I know of.

Yes, I'm glad things are improving also. Have to have something to retire on....whenever that happens.
Still shocking. His trial was to have been in September but, it has been moved to 2014. Sad! It would be very good to have this end.
So now you have to wait longer to find out what happens. Sorry about that.
Well November 2014 is fast approaching. That is the month of this guys trial. Hope things go the way they should for him.... Don't think they will let him be an RRSP Funds Manager in the future.
DARLENE

well keep us up to date

dgrimm70
Well now the trial isn't until January 2015. So, we wait longer........................

http://www.reddeeradvocate.com/news/Mall...75581.html