Family Hereditary Cancer
Well one of my sisters died of ovarian cancer in November 2015, so now out of the 6 sisters there are only 3 of us left and 2 brothers. Our family is shrinking fast. Sad.
Make it Happen! :-)
Do any of your families have hereditary cancer? It would be great to hear from you.
My family has been vegetarian all my life and still have cancer in our family. My conclusion from watching my two sisters is that stress is the trigger. They lived stressful lives. Would you agree?
100% true!
Healthy body and mind gives the upper hand in coping with the stresses that we face.
Beyond nutrition and exercise, there is much more that could be said about a healthy lifestyle.
Worry and anxiety about things that we cannot change are self-defeating.
Thanks for confirming my observations, Fleury. Watching a family member's lifestyle is not always easy and the end result is especially difficult. And for all of us..........life is not always easy.
No for many of us life is truly not easy. Have you made any changes in your life to help limit cancer or other serious illnesses? One change I made is that I do not eat any chocolates, candies and cookies. I used to go through a checkout line and grab a chocolate bar, candy, etc. Growing up we also had to end every meal with a cookie. My Mother's cookies were very healthy ones but, now I was eating all cookies not just healthy ones. Three years ago now I said 'NO!' and have not eaten any of these three things. Yes, sometimes we need to make a choice and keep it. Would you do something like this?
This week I updated the Genetics Clinic at Edmonton U of A about our family. We've had so much cancer lately. Very sad! One of our families whose mother died from lung issues but, they also found she had breast cancer now want to be tested. I contacted the clinic and they will test them for free. So.....we wait now and see what the results will be.
In my aunt's family her oldest son recently had surgery for colon cancer, her younger son also had the same cancer. I also have another cousin who also had similar type of cancer. Not sure it is associated with our family because their father died from that type of cancer also. More cancer.............................. :-(
And now I've been asked to serve on our Province's "Prevents Cancer Survey Panel".....I guess with our family cancer history they think I know a lot about hereditary cancer. I said I would serve now I just have to wait until they let me know more.
Haven't heard any more about the Province's "Prevents Cancer Survey Panel" so don't know what is happening. I guess I just have to wait.
Cancer is so hard on everyone. I lost my beloved husband of 37 years ago last May to lung cancer. He had peace and looked forward to going to heaven. The only advice I can offer is to spend time with your friend or family member that has cancer. It helps them out and you as well, especially when you look back on it. I encourage you to do this whether it is difficult or not.
Thanks very much for your advice, MaxwellTok. I'm also very sorry that you had to go through the death of your husband last year. I'm sure it was very difficult! Again, thanks for sharing with us.
Still more cancer in my family.  My aunt died with breast cancer which is what her mother died of.  Just have to keep going since I found out I carry the gene.  Not much a person can do to keep from getting it other then living a happy life!  

What are your thoughts on this?