Improve Your Mission Report
Here is a link to a brochure which gives ideas on how to improve your Sabbath School Mission Report. Sometimes they can be rather boring if people read them so....this should be good!

http://www.sabbathschoolpersonalministri...Report.pdf
Here is another website that will help to improve mission reports. And yes, it does have the Mission Quarterly for each quarter posted on it.

http://www.global-mission.org/

Yesterday in the church where I had the Sabbath School the mission report was read. Wouldn't it have been more interesting if it was told, or Power Point was used or some other kind of presentation was made? (I must admit that the person was only asked to give the report the night before or it would have been different).
Make it Happen! :-)
Too often people get up and read the mission report. Now, that is very sad! After all aren't they/we completing against television? If someone were to read something on television and it wasn't presented that well, wouldn't you turn the television off? A mission story should be told and told well.
Today I told the mission story in my church. At the beginning of the story I had a small 3x2 1/2 inch card with the map of Japan, where the March tsunami took place and a picture of the lady that the story was about and then I TOLD the story (didn't read it). People really liked to be able to follow along with the story holding the picture card in their hand. Made it much more meaningful to them then just sitting and listening to the story being read. How do I know? Because they told me afterwards.

If you were asked to present the mission story, what would you do to make it interesting and meaningful. Love to have some suggestions here......
DARLENE

thank you for posting these web sites

dgrimm60
Yes, our mission reports still are about the same that they were for the past several years......still reading them. Sad!
I still get that same problem but only on this forum. Am on a few other VB bulletin boards and they go to the last post but not here for some reason
Do you mean that you have to scroll down to the last post? If that is what you mean, it has always been that way here. You always have to scroll down. Do others go directly to the last post on a thread?
Well, most of our churches need to improve their Mission Stories. My church does have Mission Spotlight every month but, when someone presents the mission story they read it. That certainly doesn't make it interesting. So, what can be done to improve it? Love to hear your thoughts.
Darlene

When I am asked to do the mission story
I read over it then when I give it l tell it
I do not just read it

dgrimm70
Good for you! We need others to tell it and not read it. Reading it is very boring for those listening.
Yes, we need more people like you dgrimm70.....someone who tells the mission story and not read it. That would make things a lot more interesting!
Tomorrow I do the Sabbath School at our church and I had someone to do the mission story but, they got stuck in Edmonton and so I had to find someone else and I'm sure they will read most of it since they only have tonight to get it ready. So, guess what they will be doing tomorrow.............reading the mission story. :-)
DARLENE

well keep trying when you have Sabbath school ==== I am sure
you will get some one not to read the mission story===:-)===;-)==Big Grin==Tongue==

dgrimm70
I have Sabbath School in my church in two weeks and I need to find someone this Sabbath to do the mission story. I was able to download it from Adventist Missions website so I'm all set to give it to someone this weekend. Hopefully I can find someone to tell it and not read it. :-)