Alberta Birding
DARLENE

WELL this sounds like it will be fun and interesting====keep us up dated

dgrimm70
We did not go out in March..........too much snow and not many birds but, we had our April meeting on April 9 and will be going out to see the fields of snow geese, tundra swans and sandhill cranes this coming Thursday. Really are looking forward to this! Hopefully the birds will be flying in the causeway they fly through to go north. Last year we saw thousands spread out in many fields. Last year we went on the 1st and 4th of April this year we still have too much snow. We sure do hope that we'll see them this year! :-)
Make it Happen! :-)
Wow! Birding certainly is my best hobby and now I have 111 birds on my 2018 Birding Club List. Last year I had a total of 115 and now it's not even half way through the year and I'm almost caught up to the total I had last year. Certainly is a hobby to enjoy!
And now I have 117 birds on my 2018 Birding Club List. Three of the last 6 were lifers....ones I've never seen before. I saw an Eastern Phoebe, a Solitary Sandpiper and 3 wild turkey's. So, my list is truly growing. Now I just need to go out birding very soon. Actually our next Birding Club Meeting is this coming Monday night so I'll find out if others have seen birds they've never seen before. And......I'll find out if anyone has more then 117 birds on their list. Hopefully I still have more than anyone. :-)
DARLENE

well keep us up to dated

dgrimm70
Well we went birding near Stettler 2 Sundays ago and then this past Sunday. On the 2 Sundays ago we saw 35 different kinds of birds and then this past Sunday we saw 30 kinds. Some of the ones we saw were thousands - on lakes and of course others were only 1. We certainly enjoyed both bird outings but............the birds are going South so soon we won't have very many.

At the bird feeders in my back yard I have about 8 different kinds coming. The House Sparrows that come, come in a flock of about 30. So..........I'm having to spend a lot of $ for bird feed. Hopefully those sparrows will soon go south. :-)
DARLENE

well it sounds like you had a very good time these past 2 Sundays ====

yes the birds are flying south===I have seen a several CANADA GEESEE

dgrimm70
And now Tuesday night we have a wonderful opportunity and that is to go and hear Dr. David Bird speak. He has done several birding books and much, much more. Here is a like that tells who and what he is:

https://www.askprofessorbird.com/about-dr-bird
DARLENE

thank you for posting this===it looks very interesting

dgrimm70
In just 4 more hours we will be finished the first 2 months of 2019 and today I have 17 birds on my 2019 Bird List.  I've gone driving around looking for birds quite often but, the two birds that are out and about are Ravens and Magpies.  Hardly any other birds because we've had a very cold winter.  Most of the birds that I've seen have been at my 13 bird feeders in my back yard.  So glad for those feeders!  Kind of expensive when I have to buy so much birds seed but, I certainly won't complain.

Our Birding Club meets for the first time in 2019 this coming Monday night.  Haven't met before because it's been too cold and we don't have any place to plug them in.  

So.................I'm really looking forward to this coming Monday night!  Birding is sooooooooooooooooooo much fun!  I love it.  :-)
DARLENE

there  are  no  outlets  in your  Little  Hall????   could  some one in your  group  put in  1 or 2  outlets????

or  maybe  some  one  form  you  village ????

dgrimm70
There is one outlet that I know but, the hall is very small and I'm not sure it would work.....have to see. :-)
Well our Birding Club met last night for the 1st time in 2019.  It was just toooo cold to meet before but, it was a very good meeting last night and two of us already have 16 birds on our 2019 Bird Lists.  But....right now when we go out all we see are Ravens and Magpies but, we are planning to go on at least one outing before the end of March.  Next week it is supposed to get above freezing so that is very, very good!  Hopefully we'll see more birds very soon.  :-)
And now I have 95 different kinds of birds on my 2019 Bird List.  Things are going very well except now I have 3 small kittens and a mother and so I can't go out as much.  Have to stay home and look after them but, I really want to get out more.  Our Birding Club is going to be going out to a new Natural Area on July 21st so hopefully we'll see more birds.  

Birding is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun!  I really love it!
DARLENE

WELL  it  sounds  like  you  are  having  fun and  seeing  lots  of  birds===also  you  not  have 
kittens  to  take  care  of=====busy busy

dgrimm70