So, Why Aren't You Married Yet?
My response is when God brings the right person in my life then I will get married, but until then I am at peace with what God has done in my life and continues to do. I would rather be married to the right person than the wrong person facing divorce. Then there are also some people that God calls into singleness like Jeremiah. God has a work for them to do that if they were married it would interfere with what God needs done.
Yes, you are very right. God allows some people to marry and others to do His work. As I look back on my life, I could not have done even near what I did if I would have been married. God used me to do His work and I am glad for that. Sure it would have been wonderful to be married but I believe that God knows what is best for us and how He can use us for His work. Isn't that how Jesus did His work?
Make it Happen! :-)
Yes that is how Jesus did His work. I am trying to help a friend who is addicted to relationships right now. He feels he should have been married a long time ago. He just recently got his heart broken yet again. So the advice I told him is take a year without looking for a relationship, be on any online dating sites, and focus on the walk with God. I can't remember where I heard this, but it did stick with me that God just wants to be our everything and even good things like relationships can get in the way. I told my friend that God needs to be enough in his life. When you surrender to God's plan for your life there will be peace.
I think you are right, MandaPanda. God wants to be our everything and things like relationships do get in the way. Your friend should focus on Him and wait for Him to show where He wants him to go. Time............and some find it very difficult to wait.
Yes some people find it very difficult to wait. It took years for me to just say God I surrender. After a series of very bad relationships and getting my heart broken so many times God and I had a heart to heart. Where I said Lord, I am done doing it my way. My life is yours do with it what you want. Do I still desire to be married yes, but now the feelings of loneliness and incompleteness are replaced with peace in know that God is enough for me. Peace in trusting that He knows exactly what I need. James 1: 2 says count it all joy for the trials perfect our character. Joy doesn't mean I have to always be happy about what is going on, but I can have joy and peace in knowing that God is in control. Since I know God is in control and that He knows what is best for me I can accept and be content in where He has me right now in my life.
You have learned well. We do have to let God be in control of our lives. He does know what is best.
Yes, God definitely knows what's best for each one of us and soon Jesus will be returning to take us to our heavenly home. We need to get ready! :-)