The Never Married Single Adult
You sound like you have had a rough time of it. Tearing a hamstring and ligaments can make it difficult to even want to continue in sports.

My years in sports weren't too bad. My best game was badminton, but I also enjoyed softball, basketball, volleyball and wasn't too bad an any of them.

The only real problem I had physically was not from sports. At CUC I went running into my room, stepped on the end of a scatter rug and went flying, landing on my knee and roughing up the back of my knee cap. It bothered me for quite a number of years and then I finally had surgery to correct it. So....I can still enjoy sports. Haven't done much of it though since I started working in an office.
Make it Happen! :-)
Perhaps we should all start a movement to incorporate a recess into the work day?!?

How about it?
Actually at my workplace this has been talked about some. All those in the office would go out and walk for a few minutes. And.....we've even talked about having about 20 minutes for a nap after lunch. I believe they do that in some countries.

I remember when I worked at a physical type job where after eating lunch I would go and lay flat on the floor and sleep for about five minutes get up and be so refreshed that I was like the energiser bunny and had very high energy for the rest of the day. If we could only do that I think we'd get a lot more done at work.
I think that would be great as far as taking 5-10 minutes to take a walk outside when the weather is permitting. As far as taking 20 mins to nap... I dunno about that one. But, the 5-10 min nap is definitely doable now. Just take the last 5-10mins of your lunch and take a nap in your office or car.

I'll do that from time to time when I eat at the park. I'll eat and will take a nap for about 10 mins or so then take a walk around the park. When I'm done with both of those, it's time for me to head back to the office. It helps a lot.
I have been tempted to just lay down on the floor of my office and sleep for a minute or two but, what if someone came in and saw me? They might think I was dead and call 911. That would be most embarrasing... :-) (My door doesn't have a lock on it)
hahaha. that would definitely be embarrassing but kind of funny too. If I walked in on someone doing that, I'd probably laugh later after feeling embarrassed.

What about hanging a do not disturb sign on your door?
I raised the subject with my secretary today and she said that she would sit in front of the door and not let anyone in! :-) Actually I didn't sleep on the floor today, but I did nod off at my computer. For shame!
darlene Wrote:I raised the subject with my secretary today and she said that she would sit in front of the door and not let anyone in!

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHA... I actually LOL. That's a great employee right there!
Yes, this secretary is very nice and does very good work. I have had some that I couldn't say that about.
likewise! Well, not specifically a secretary for me.. but an office secretary. We have one currently that just seems to have a few bolts loose up in the noggin'. She doesn't really have any class either.
Yes, they can make you or break you. Fortunately I'm not broken yet! :o Lately I have been so blessed!
oh good!
I mentioned something to my secretary today about being tired lately and she said she was serious when she said she would guard my door! :-) So......maybe I'll try laying flat on the floor and sleeping some afternoon.
haha... i think that's so awesome that you're secretary is offering that! haha.
Maybe she'd just like me to be quiet for a while........ :-)