Reasons Why Singles Stay Single
So, why are you single? Have you not found someone to marry or have you not been looking for someone? Could God have allowed you to be single for a reason? What is the purpose of your life? Love to hear your thoughts on this.....
Make it Happen! :-)
Well, darlene, I'm single because I believe God can use me better as a single then as a married person. Not that being married is bad but, a person certainly can do more for Him living singly then having to look after a partner. Others may not believe that but that is what I believe.
You know, Scary, I happen to agree with you. It is easier to do the work that God wants us to do if we are single. You look at some of the characters in the Bible who were single and they certainly focused on the work God had entrusted to them. There is Jesus, John the Baptist, Paul, Daniel, Jeremiah and others who were single who focused on their mission. They do set an example for single adults.
I still think that not marrying because you haven't met the right person is a good reason not to marry. Now why would someone marry just to marry? Seems strange. I know I wouldn't marry just to marry because a person should only marry the 'right' person. If you didn't, what a lousy life you would live! Do you agree with me?
DARLENE AND SCARY

I do believe that both the married person and single person if closely connected to GOD
can do a good work for HIM

dgrimm70
Yes, I do agree with you, both married and singles can do work for God but, I think a single person can focus on the work more then perhaps a married person can. Do you think that might be true?