Christmas Bird Count
Tomorrow our Birding Club and friends will be participating in the Christmas Bird Count.  This is something that is over 100 years old and takes place all across North America and several other places.  We've done it for the past 2 years and this year.  We will be covering our Zone again this year.  It is a round circle which we cover and there are many, many zones and many, many groups that help with this Bird Count.  It is very helpful to scientists and others wanting to know how birds are either growing or declining.  The information we contribute to is very, very helpful to many so we're very glad we can help.
Make it Happen! :-)
DARLENE

well this  sounds like it will be  fun====let  us know  what happens

dgrimm70
Well we leave in one hour......looking forward to this.  :-)
Sadly we didn't have as many people as we had hoped would come to help so we ended up with just 3 of us.  We travelled around for quite a while and saw 10 different kinds of bird and a total of 134 which is not very high but, at least we saw some.  We saw a Northern Groshawk which I hadn't seen this year yet so now I have 131 kinds of birds on my 2018 Bird List.  Yes, even though we didn't see as many birds on our Christmas Bird Count as last year, I'm happy!  :-)
DARLENE

well even though there  were only 3 people  I  am sure  you ha fun

dgrimm70
Yes, we did have fun and will do it again next year if we do participate in the Count then.  It is sooooooooo fun to look at the birds.  

I like the verse of Matthew 6:26 "Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not of more value than they?"  Certainly make us realize how God value the birds and us.  :-)