Today Children's Story at Church 3.10.18
Today at church I told the Children's story.  It was about a young boy who was using crutches because he had fallen and injured his knee and the doctor said he needed to use crutches for the summer.  He cleaned and poured water into a big deep dish for the birds that came to their yard every day......anyway........I used crutches to go up the aisle to tell the story and I had a large bandage on my knee.  It was soooooooo funny because before I went up the aisle, everyone was asking me what I had done to my knee (I told them it was for the children's story).  Anyway...............they thought the story was very good but, they thought I was crazy to use the crutches, etc.  Many of them laughed, and so did I.  

Now I know they'll ask me to tell the story again.  (I've already told it several times before.)  :-)    
Make it Happen! :-)
DARLENE

it is always fun to tell the children story and if you have
props for story that is even better====

i have given the children story several times also

dgrimm70
Yes, it's fun to do the children's story, isn't it! :-)
And on May 12 I do the children's story again. Still looking for a story though.
I now have my story picked out for May 12. Now I just have to learn it well so I can tell it without looking at anything............it's about a boy and apples so guess what I'll be giving to the children when I'm finished?! :-)
The kids (and adults) loved the apples. I had adult come up to me after church asking if they could have one. I guess people are like me............we love apples. :-)
DARLENE

I gave the children's story this last Sabbath MAY 26====
I told them the difference between happy and blessed
being happy is a feeling====being blessed is thankful

dgrimm70
Sound like your children's story was interesting...........wish I could have been there to hear it. :-)
And I gave the children's story last week September 29. The story I used was about bird tracks on a ugly stone and how we can leave tracks on other people when we say or do something that isn't nice. Anyway I used a stone that I carved some bird track on it. I even had a couple of adults come up after church wanting to see the bird tracks. I had to tell them they weren't real that I had just done it for the story. :-)
DARLENE

this was aa very good example

dgrimm70
Now.....I need to choose another story so I can share it soon. Kids love these stories and hopefully it will help them become stronger characters.....closer to Jesus.
And now in two weeks I tell the children's story again......it is during our camp meeting so there won't be as many children there so I should really be able to tell a very active story!  :-)  Haven't chosen one yet though....will do so soon.   Smile
I survived and things went very well....the children sure loved my kitten.  They all wanted to come and pet it.  

After the children's story I did the special music and it was a children's song.  The words of the songs were very meaningful for children and for the adults.  God certainly can use us when we are willing to be used.
DARLENE

well I  am  sure  you  did  well  and  they all enjoyed  the  song  and  story

dgrimm70