The Ten Commandments for Formerly Marrieds
The Ten Commandments for Formerly Marrieds

Thou shalt not live in the past.

Thou shalt be responsible for thy present and not blame thy past.

Thou shalt not feel sorry for thyself indefinitely.

Thou shalt assume thy end of the blame for thy marriage dissolvement.

Thou shalt not try to reconcile thy past and reconstruct thy future by a quick new marriage.

Thou shalt not make thy children the victims of thy past marriage.

Thou shalt not spend all thy time trying to convince thy children how terrible and evil their departed parent is.

Thou shalt learn all thou can about being a one-parent family and get on with it.

Thou shalt ask others for help when thou needest it.

Thou shalt ask God for the wisdom to bury yesterday, create today and plan for tomorrow.

Taken from the Assemblies of God Single Adult Ministries website
Make it Happen! :-)
Excellent commandments.

The one I have always had problems with is"
Quote:Thou shalt ask others for help when thou needest it.

I realize that pride goeth before the fall, but asking for help is difficult.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Yes, I have that difficulty, too. I figure being single means you have to do everything yourself. Well as much as you can. When I am where there are males, I still try to do everything myself and they get after me.

I must admit though, there are some things I can't do and then it is hard to ask for help.
HEY

these are very good hahaha hehehe hohoho

thank you

dgrimm60
The 10 Commandments in the Bible are very good. They are what we live by. The 10 Commandments for Formerly Married above are also good. Maybe the formerly marrieds should all live by them? :-) Really.....
This is a very good list of 10 Commandments for the formerly married and yes, some of them even for the never married.  Would you follow these?