Better Single Than Sorry
So you're talking about those who leave the church once they are married later in their life?

And, I just had a thought possibly unrelated to my question above... but, do you think there's a possibility that a reason to why some people come back to the church once they have kids of their own is due to the fact of the blessing of kids? They see God in their experience of the creation of their child? They are so blessed to have that gift from God that they go back to Him?

Or perhaps and probably the main reason, is that they want their kids to be brought up right and have the right morals and beliefs. They want their kids to be "mistake free" instead of taking all the wrong paths and learning the hard way.
No, I had that mixed around. I should have said, 'the ones that leave the church and marry late.' They leave the church and when they marry and have children they return to church.

Many who come back to the church when they have children, like you said yup, want their children to be raised right. It seems that while they are not attending church they still know and belived all along that the church's message is right but they want to enjoy the pleasures society offers for a while. Then they make a commitment to Jesus and return for the rest of their lives.

(Like I said, I am not an authority on the topic, but this is what some others have shared with me.)
Make it Happen! :-)
Well, at least they return to the church when they have children. Then, do the children stay in the church? It would be interesting to see the results of a study done on this.....
DARLENE

that would be an interesting study about the children staying

I guess it would be ir the parents are willing to keep going

dgrimm70
Yes, it would also be interesting if these parents still keep going to church after their children are grown.
Right now there are a lot of youth and young adults leaving the church but, recently I heard that many are coming back to church if their church uses the relational approach in Sabbath School. The relational approach is a SS class that becomes a 'family class' and the members become very close and loving. Yes, Twitter and Facebook friends are not the same as one-on-one friendship. So, I think we need more of the relational approach. I like to describe it this way...."Loving and Caring for one another as Jesus would if He was physically with us today." Now that is the kind of class and church that I would like to belong to!
I've been promoting the relational approach to Sabbath School for over a year now and many of our churches are still stuck somewhere back many years and are not using this approach yet. But.............some are finally getting convinced that it works. I just heard some talking about it today. Hopefully they will ALL begin using this approach.