Mamawi Atosketan Native School
Mamawi Atosketan Native School is the largest SDA Native School in North America. It is about 1/2 hours drive from my house. It is a real great school reaching many on the Cree 1st Nations town of Hobbema. This summer our SAGE Alberta ministry will be doing workbees at the school, cleaning, etc. Our Conference just donated over $200,000 to the building project to increase the school from a grade 1-9 school to include grades 10-12. To do this they need to build onto the school and our SAGE Alberta ministry will be helping with that also. So....check out this video clip about the school. It's a great school and a great video clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI8rEL1y3uk
Make it Happen! :-)
DARLENE

THANK you for posting this video...it was good

dgrimm60

Yes, it is a very good school. This summer our SAGE Alberta plans on helping with painting, cleaning, etc. Looking forward to it.
DARLENE

well keep us up to date

dgrimm60

This past Sabbath the Hobbema Adventist Company had their first 3 baptisms of people come that community. God is certainly working and blessing these people.
DARLENE

well praise GOD

dgrimm60
This school is having an openhouse next Sunday, May 6, 2012. Wish I could go there but, we have a SAGE Work Retreat. If you can go, let me know how it went......
DARLENE

well i hope some one lets us know how things went

dgrimm60
Our next SAGE Alberta work project is at Mamawi Atosketan Native School on August 7, 2012. We will be doing, painting, cleaning, some work projects, and much more...... Whatever is needed we will be doing. Certainly a worthy project!
DARLENE

well it sounds like you like get a lot done

dgrimm60
Yes, we did get a lot done. There were 24 of us and we mowed the grass, pulled weeds and edged the playground, repaired and painted steps to the mobile school rooms, cleaned the water edging, vaccumed and dusted classrooms, and I'm sure I'm missing a lot. And now.....our SAGE Committee will be meeting this next week and deciding what to do and how to raise money to purchase a mower for the school so they can keep the grounds looking good.
DARLENE

WELL 24 people sure can do a lot of work----I am sure you will come up with some idea about
how to get the mower for the school

keep us updated

dgrimm60
Our SAGE website has pictures of this project and you can see them at:

http://www.sagealberta.ca/article/3/news

Farther down on the page.........
DARLENE

thank you for posting this web site----there were a lot of projects and lot of pictures

dgrimm60

We will be having another work project at Mamawi this coming summer....before school starts.

Mamawi will be starting grade 11 this coming year....fall of 2013. Next year they are hoping to begin grade 12. It certainly is a great school!