Are You Ready to Marry?
The following website has a test you can take that tells you if you are ready to marry. They have an excellent website for single adults, single parents and stepfamiles.

About InStep Ministries

We are a 501c3 faith-based nonprofit organization dedicated to serving singles, single parents and stepfamilies and those who minister to them. Our purpose is to influence our culture for Christ. Our passion is to equip people for life. Our vision is to see every single, single parent or stepfamily member connected to a faith community, where they can build authentic relationships, find healing and be equipped to serve. Our mission is to provide resources, counseling and other services that are practical, Biblical, and affordable. InStep is passionate about serving the local church and the millions of individuals in non-traditional families. To learn more about InStep, visit our website:

http://www.instepministries.com
Make it Happen! :-)
nice site ... good information.

As for myself, I had 62 points
Code:
50 - 74 points: You feel good about yourself and the opposite sex and dating, sometimes. Other times, you feel as if something is missing.

I am not completely sure what this says about me. So shall continue to enjoy one day at a time and make the most of the life God has given.
I didn't take the test because it doesn't apply to me, however, I'd say that that is the best way to live, whether you are never married, divorced or widowed!
Some very startling statistics from the above website:

What We Know About Non-traditional Families:

Less than twenty-five per cent of families in America are nuclear families (Census 2000)
There are more single-adult families than two-parent families (Census 2000)
There are over nearly 100 million singles in America
Most single-parent families do not attend church on a regular basis (Theresa McKenna)
There will soon be more stepfamilies than nuclear families
Over 50% of all Americans alive today are or will be involved in a stepfamily
80% of divorced or widowed individuals remarry; 65% of the time, children are involved
The remarriage divorce rate is 60% (or more)
DARLENE

WELL that is an interesting web site

dgrimm60
JACKIE

I ALSO took the test just to see and I GOT a score of 58 but some of the statements i was unsure
about checking them....

dgrimm60
DARLENE

yes these statistics are not good and they might be worst 10 years down the road

dgrimm60
No, these statistics are not good but, for us as single adults it means that we have a work to do, does it not? It is sad that so many singles do not get involved in the ministry. I guess they are so busy looking for a partner that they forget about all else? Or am I being cynicle?

This statistic is really sad......

"Most single-parent families do not attend church on a regular basis."

What does that mean? Could the results of this be why we have such a degenerating society today?
Well, darlene, it would be why our society is degenerating but, don't we all have to work at getting ready for marriage. We all need to be whole before we enter into a marriage. If a person is not whole they take more than they give? So, how does a person get whole?
The website posted above in this thread is still up and running. Looks like it has some very good information.