Single And Never Married
The possibilities that exist for the single and never married adult are unlimited, more than any other category of being single. This is especially true if you have a love for God and a desire to see His kingdom advanced on the earth. God has given you a single life as a gift and He wants you to celebrate it, appreciate it, prize it, discover its benefits and enjoy it. "Being single is not a problem to be solved, but a gift to be enjoyed."

The attributes you possess that are particularly beneficial to the Kingdom of God are time to be focused on God's kingdom agenda and freedom to be led by the Spirit of God. The opportunity to abide in God's presence with undistracted devotion makes you an invaluable resource to the Kingdom of God. You have an opportunity to establish intimacy with God that will create a holy jealousy from your married counterparts if you recognize it and learn to take advantage of it. This intimacy will also result in you having profound impact on the kingdom of God. Charles Spurgeon describes the opportunity that awaits every single adult that has the courage to embrace it:

"To abide in Jesus is never to quit Him for another love, or another object, but remain in living, loving conscious, willing union with Him. The heart must remain in love, the mind must be rooted in faith, the hope must be cemented to the Word, the whole man must be joined unto the Lord. The carte blanche can be given give to one whose very life is, "Not I, but Christ liveth in me."

The success of your single life will be determined and evaluated by the level of intimacy you establish with God. The degree of your intimacy will be measured by the amount of fruit you produce. Maybe the Lord will call you to the mission field during your single life and many souls from the third world will come into the kingdom because you are an obedient single adult. Maybe you will use your time, gifts and finances to ensure the needs of your local church are met. Maybe your devotion to intercession and prayer will bring life to dead marriages, bound children and drug infested neighborhoods and communities. Maybe your skill and character in corporate America will cause the name of Jesus to be glorified and your financial success will be used to spread the gospel. As a single adult, if you make yourself available and pay the price giving God undistracted and undivided devotion these are just a few examples of the testimonies you will have.

I encourage and exhort you to enjoy your season of being unmarried and take full advantage of the benefits and opportunities it offers. You may never get an occasion to have intimacy and impact like the one that awaits you right now as a single that has never been married.

If you are one of those choice singles that God has called to remain single a life- time like the Prophet Jeremiah and the Apostle Paul, you are to be commended for your obedience and sacrifice. Like the Prophet Jeremiah and the Apostle Paul you are a treasured possession and your life is invaluable to the advancement of the kingdom of God.

Here is a very, very neat website by Debbie Adebayo a ministry that exists to meet the needs of the unmarried adult, spiritually, mentally, physically, economically and socially. She hosts a radio broadcast and a television show called "Living Single and Loving It" that airs on WJYS and Inspiration 1390 AM.

http://www.singlespleasingthelord.com/
DARLENE

THIS is very good. GOD man Adam and Eve so HE
could have a relationship with them. HE wants to have this
type of relationship will all of HIS creation. but with sin in
this world is brakes down this relationship....

again this is a good article

dgrimm60
Perhaps God does allow singleness to draw us into a closer relationship with Him. If so, then singleness is a definite plus! It's during my alone times that I communicate with Him. That is special!
DARLENE

WE all need that alone time with GOD if married or single

dgrimm60
I agree that alone time with God is an absolute must! The success of my ministry depends on it. If I don't get it, I notice a difference in my outlook, in my drive to minister, etc. Very, very important principle.
And too many times we think we're too busy! How can we survive without it!?
I now live in the country...well on the outskirts of a small village. So, it is quite alone here though my sister and her husband live close by. So, I'm really learning what it means to 'be alone.' Sometimes it's very nice and other times it's quite lonely. Perhaps God allows these things to happen to draw us into a closer relationship with Him....afterall, you don't have many others to talk to and can focus on Him more......
Make it Happen! :-)
More from Debbie.....

Single and Never Married

The possibilities that exist for the single and never married adult are unlimited, more than any other category of being single. This is especially true if you have a love for God and a desire to see His kingdom advanced on the earth. God has given you a single life as a gift and He wants you to celebrate it, appreciate it, prize it, discover its benefits and enjoy it. "Being single is not a problem to be solved, but a gift to be enjoyed."

The attributes you possess that are particularly beneficial to the Kingdom of God are time to be focused on God's kingdom agenda and freedom to be led by the Spirit of God. The opportunity to abide in God's presence with undistracted devotion makes you an invaluable resource to the Kingdom of God. You have an opportunity to establish intimacy with God that will create a holy jealousy from your married counterparts if you recognize it and learn to take advantage of it. This intimacy will also result in you having profound impact on the kingdom of God. Charles Spurgeon describes the opportunity that awaits every single adult that has the courage to embrace it:

"To abide in Jesus is never to quit Him for another love, or another object, but remain in living, loving conscious, willing union with Him. The heart must remain in love, the mind must be rooted in faith, the hope must be cemented to the Word, the whole man must be joined unto the Lord. The carte blanche can be given give to one whose very life is, "Not I, but Christ liveth in me."

The success of your single life will be determined and evaluated by the level of intimacy you establish with God. The degree of your intimacy will be measured by the amount of fruit you produce. Maybe the Lord will call you to the mission field during your single life and many souls from the third world will come into the kingdom because you are an obedient single adult. Maybe you will use your time, gifts and finances to ensure the needs of your local church are met. Maybe your devotion to intercession and prayer will bring life to dead marriages, bound children and drug infested neighborhoods and communities. Maybe your skill and character in corporate America will cause the name of Jesus to be glorified and your financial success will be used to spread the gospel. As a single adult, if you make yourself available and pay the price giving God undistracted and undivided devotion these are just a few examples of the testimonies you will have.

I encourage and exhort you to enjoy your season of being unmarried and take full advantage of the benefits and opportunities it offers. You may never get an occasion to have intimacy and impact like the one that awaits you right now as a single that has never been married.

If you are one of those choice singles that God has called to remain single a life- time like the Prophet Jeremiah and the Apostle Paul, you are to be commended for your obedience and sacrifice. Like the Prophet Jeremiah and the Apostle Paul you are a treasured possession and your life is invaluable to the advancement of the kingdom of God.
This is a really neat website called Single and Pleasing the Lord.

http://www.singlespleasingthelord.com/pa...pageid=662
DARLENE

thank you for posting this web site----this looks very interesting

dgrimm60
Wow! Look at all these upcoming events that this ministry has! Wish I lived closer....

http://www.singlespleasingthelord.com/calendar.asp
DARLENE

yes they have a lot going on

dgrimm60
Maybe we need to plan more things. Now, if I was a church ASAM Leader I just might, but, my duty is conference-wide which make that a little more difficult. We have decided to do 4 events each year; our winter retreat in February, a retreat or some kind of event in May, our Camp Meeting program and Lacombe Happenings in November. But, we will be doing a few local things throughout the year also.
DARLENE

WELL that sounds like a good amount of events ---4 major events and some local events

dgrimm60
We are just beginning to advertise for an upcoming event.....a Sabbath Day in the Park....September 26, 2015. I went to the City Hall and booked a park. We've used it for S.H.I.N.E. (Single Young Adults Helping to Impact, Nurture and Encourage ages 18-35 years) Ministries for two years now but, this time it is for Adventist Single Adult Ministries (35 years and older). We're really looking forward to this event because the S.H.I.N.E.rs have had so much fun doing this and the ASAMrs also want to have fun! Still have to find a good speaker though......