Unmarried Adults More Connected to Family and Friends
In 2006 the number of unmarried adults 18 and older rose to 55 million, up from 45 million in 1996. For years, studies have touted the benefits of marriage, but new research is showing otherwise. One study finds single adults:

More connected to family and friends than their married peers
Help their parents more than married adults
Say marriage lifts their spirits, but only temporarily
Barbara Dafoe Whitehead, co-director of the National Marriage Project, says, “It’s important to de-stigmatize singlehood….people don’t (necessarily) have to be married to have fulfilling lives.”

USA Today—“Free As A Bird and Loving It”--April 12, 2007, 4 D.
DARLENE

WOW you posted in 2 different places.

I GUESS you wanted to make sure people
saw this one

hhahahaha heheheheheh hohohohoho

dgrimm60
I did post it in two different places. Thought it would make a good discussion and wasn't sure that everyone would read this under The Never Married Singles section.
DARLENE

YES it is always good to post in different places if you
want as many people to read article...

dgrimm60
So, are you a never married adult? If so, does it bring you closer to your family or further away? Does your family accept your singlesness or are they always trying to marry you off? I am very blessed.....they haven't tried to marry me off. They leave that up to me. :-)
Make it Happen! :-)
I am a never married and am quite close to my family. My parents are already deceased and a couple of my sisters but, there are still five siblings. Four of us live in the same area and we see each other most every week. Three are married, one divorced and one never married. All my brothers and sisters have their own families and all stay in contact. It does not seem to matter if a sibling is married or not.
So if you are a never married adult do these things prove true for you?

More connected to family and friends than their married peers
Help their parents more than married adults
Say marriage lifts their spirits, but only temporarily

As I mentioned above I'm more connected to family and friends than married peers. Would you agree?