Seven Sure-Fire Ways To Beat Loneliness
1. CONTACT OTHERS: Make a list of everyone you know: loved ones, friends, and acquaintances. Make it a point to contact them regularly.

2. GET INVOLVED: No matter where you live or what your interests or skills may be, there are people who need your help. Show interest in their lives. It will birng joy to yours.

3. DEVELOP NEW DREAMS: Dreams give hope and spark to life. Find new things to achieve. An elderly triathlon runner once said, "No one is ever alone who has a dream."

4. EAT PROPERLY: Low blood sugar or improper diet can magnify negative feelings. Check your food intake.

5. REST: Recharge your body. Tired people tend to lean toward their problems and respond negatively to situations.

6. COUNT RIGHT: Focus on the good things that have happened and are happening in your life.

7. REMEMBER GOD: You are never really alone because God loves you, and He is as near as your prayers.

Taken from Power Points for Success by Bob Harrison
DARLENE

THIS is a good list to remember. Maybe even put it
on the Refrigerator door. grin grin grin.

I REALLY like numbers # 4---#5---#6---

but all all very good.

dgrimm60
Yes, there have been times when I am lonely. I'm sure we've all experience this at some point. I've finally concluded that to help with this I need to make contact with others....have them over for lunch, invite them to go to a restaurant for a meal, invite them to come to church with me or even phone them. Is this something that you have experienced? If so, what conclusion have you come to?
Make it Happen! :-)
Hey, number 4 sounds interesting. Does what you eat effect the way you live and feel? What kinds of foods are the kind that make you feel lonely?
Well have you been lonely lately? Sometimes I have been and the suggestions above are some great ones to use when that happens. On great one is to "Remember God." He really can lift your loneliness!
DARLENE

yes all the thing on the list on good ones

dgrimm70
Yes, these are soooo good!

1. CONTACT OTHERS
2. GET INVOLVED
3. DEVELOP NEW DREAMS
4. EAT PROPERLY
5. REST
6. COUNT RIGHT
7. REMEMBER GOD

And then......I'm no longer lonely and am happy!
So, have any of you tried any of the 7 points above? Do they work to keep you from loneliness?