Never Married More Likely To Die - At All Ages
Aug. 9, 2006 -- People who have never married are more likely to die -- at all ages -- than people who are married and live together, U.S. data show.

The researchers found that never-married people, compared with their married peers, are:

5 times more likely to die of infectious disease
Twice as likely to die in accidents, homicides, or suicides
38% more likely to die of heart disease

To finish this article, you can go to:

http://www.webmd.com/news/20060809/never...arly-death
Make it Happen! :-)
DARLENE

WELL I can see why the non married people would
have health issues, they do not think that much
about health care for them selfs.

But I was surprised about the isolation issue
but then they do not have any children to keep in
contact with.

and some of them might not attend any church.

I read and article that stated that a lot of single
people put more effort in to their work since that is
all they have.

dgrimm60
Yes, yes and yes! :-)

I happen to be a never married and I do put in a lot of time at work. Some wonder how I can do so much. I wonder how I can't do so much. My focus is not necessarily work but, I believe the Lord has called me to do what I do and I am doing it for Him not for anyone else.

Perhaps some of us have health issues because of the amount of time we put into work. Some for other reasons.

I guess you could say that I am very fortunate. I haven't had a lot of illness. My parents drilled into us how to eat and how not to eat and they were/are very healthy people. My father died when he was 96 and my mother turns 95 September 12th. I'd say, it's all from healthy eating and a great emphasis on health. Hasn't all rubbed off on me though. I like to eat too much! :- )
DARLENE

I THINK several studies have been with the diet and
S.D.A. one about 15 ago stated that S.D.A live any
where from 7 to 10 years longers than most AMERICANS.

that says something for out diet

dgrimm60
That says that God knows what is best for us. After all He was the one who gave 'his messenger' the Health Message in the first place. It's sad when we don't follow it.
DARLENE
I think the hardest part of changing diets is the
culturer in which you were born and raised.
like down in the southern states here if you can get
the people to stop eating pork and pork products---catfish---
shimp that is a big step for them.

just like other people in differet clutures might have
a hard time giving up something else.

dgrimm60
You know, I still haven't died yet and I'm a never married. Hopefully I'll live to a ripe old age.......
DARLENE

WELL I think life style and diet might also be a factor in long life

dgrimm60
Today being a vegan is the 'in' thing in my area. Young adults seem to be really getting into this way of eating. Most of my life I have been vegan and especially for the past 10 years or so. I've developed an intolerance (allergy) for dairy products and can't eat it so I don't have a choice. So.....maybe that will help me to live longer?
DARLENE

yes it seems like a lot of young people are becoming vegetarians

dgrimm60
Do you know any single adults that have never been married and have died early. I was just speaking on the phone last week to a friend that is now 84 years old and I don't think he's ever been married and is still going strong........ I was also speaking to one today who is about 70+ years who has been married but, single now for quite a while and he is still going strong. So.............is this article true when it says never marrieds are more likely to die - at all ages or is it just talk????????
DARLENE

i am sure life style ----type of job---genes of their parents all play a part

dgrimm70