NAD Adventist Single Adult Ministries: Forum
The Purpose of This Forum 2017 - Printable Version

+- NAD Adventist Single Adult Ministries: Forum (https://forum.adventistsingleadultministries.org)
+-- Forum: Adventist Single Adult Ministries Forum (https://forum.adventistsingleadultministries.org/forum-58.html)
+--- Forum: The Purpose Of This Forum (https://forum.adventistsingleadultministries.org/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: The Purpose of This Forum 2017 (/thread-11943.html)

The Purpose of This Forum 2017 - darlene - 03-16-2017

The purpose of this forum in 2017 has not changed and we are still here because we are:

1.  A place where single adult church members and their single adult friends can come and discuss issues of importance to the single adult whether they are never married, divorced or widowed. 

2.  A place where Adventist Single Adult Ministry Leaders can come and share what ministry ideas and events have worked for them and what hasn't. 

3.  A place where upcoming events can be posted and links posted to other Adventist Single Adult Ministries websites.

4.  A place of community for the single adult church member and their single adult friends.

5.  A place of Christian friendship and fellowship.  It is to be "A Christ-centered, safe place of fellowship, nurture and service for single adults and friends".

6.  And above all it is to be a place where we can learn more about our Friend, Jesus, the ultimate single adult.

So...........is anything missing here?  Love to hear your thoughts.

RE: The Purpose of This Forum 2017 - darlene - 05-13-2017

There are some people who seem to think that this is a place for advertising their sales sites and products. Sorry but, that is not correct. We are a place for the 6 things listed above. We all need to make this a forum for discussion of topics of interest to the single adult.

RE: The Purpose of This Forum 2017 - darlene - 07-23-2017

Not as many are adding sales sites these days. Sure am glad because that is not why we are here. We are here for discussion and information about Single Adult Ministries. So, those who make those kinds of posts are very, very welcome here! :-)

RE: The Purpose of This Forum 2017 - darlene - 08-14-2017

Things have not changed we still want this to be "A Christ-centered, safe place of fellowship, nurture and service for single adults and friends". Hope you will join and help us to discuss issues and share information for single adults.

RE: The Purpose of This Forum 2017 - darlene - 09-26-2017

Yes we have very few adding sales sites. That makes things on the forum sooooooo nice! I hate banning people because they add sales sites but, how else to you keep sales sites off the forum. This is a place for discussion and information about single adults and single adult issues not a place to sell things. So...................thanks so much for not adding them. :-)

RE: The Purpose of This Forum 2017 - darlene - 10-26-2017

Still very few sales site links added. I did have to ban one the other day though. Very few though and that really makes me happy because I do not like banning anyone. So.............thanks to all for not adding sales links.

RE: The Purpose of This Forum 2017 - napoleonsmith - 02-15-2019

What about if you add something tightly connected with the main purposes of this forum for the current year. Any updates?

RE: The Purpose of This Forum 2017 - darlene - 03-04-2019

I would think that would be okay, wouldn't it?  Thanks for the comment napoleonsmith.