NAD Adventist Single Adult Ministries: Forum

Full Version: Importance of Prayer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

donaldjerry

Getting a job is useful. it's important. It's necessary. It's good. Same with passing college classes. Another example (a little different): getting married is good, and we really want it. Companionship is really sought after, it's helpful, it's just a good thing.So...I've been trying to compile a list of reasons why it's, say, useful, helpful, beneficial, important, necessary, needed, etc. to pray (amongst other things). I do youth and college ministry, and when we make to much of spiritual disciplines, people think we're being pharisees- and maybe we are, but I'm trying to stop, which is why I'm asking for advice here. Anyway...Here's some things I came up with.- Trains you to think only about what's most important in life.- Trains you to focus your love on God alone.- Gets your mind of less important things- Trains your mind to think nonsinfully/ unsinful.- Helps you formulate clear and concise thoughts of God and for God.- Prayer should act as a filter- what are things you pray about most often with the most resolve in all seriousness without any breach of conscience: those are probably the most important things in life.But even these answers probably seem to "churchy", to much like Sunday School answers, for youth and college kids. And I'm missing the relationship aspect- i don't really know how to say it apart from the whole marriage analogy. And of course, if you're of my persuasion and think prayer really does change things, then you've got a REAL conundrum, because then you've got the whole "so many prayers [seem to] go unanswered".What I want is for people to not just see prayer as a good thing, or as a necessary means- I want them to see it as actually important enough that they can't go a day without doing it, like eating. Or a moment without doing it, like breathing. College kids wouldn't miss a test, or an important job interview, or call off a date at the last minute with a "very important someone". It's even harder to make parallels for youth, because to them, so many things are just not important, not necessary.To make a long story short, how can I show prayer to be (for lack of a better phrase) of infinite importance? Maybe some of you guys could help me word my thoughts better as well.

dgrimm60

DONALDJERRY

YOU examples are very good ones I think.....training to forcus your love for GOD....and training
you to see what is most important to life...
the college age person is forcus on training....for a job.... but a postion for this earth only
the bible is training people both young and old for a heavenly postion....

when the college age person understands that GOD is a personal GOD then they will want
to get more information....
for example GOD spoke stars---moon---sun---plants---animals ( land air sea ) in to existance

but the human race GOD took the time and form then breath in the the human race
that is very personal and and close.... you could say GOD kisses us...

what college student does not want a close ness in a relationship here on earth
who would not want to kiss to show a closeness....

we all want to be loved....and GOD loved us so much that HE kisses life into us

hope this helps

dgrimm60

filisili50

Great, I like your examples about prayer. Getting a job is useful in every students, and it is important and necessary also.
But on this race they forget to pray, Thanks for sharing your idea about prayers.

dgrimm60

FILISILI50

THANK you for your input on this topic

dgrimm60

camrondell

The importance of outr life to make morning very cheerful it. It is the first pillar of Islam, the Prophet, may God's mercy and blessings be upon him, after mentioning the testimony of faith, of which a person is a Muslim mentioned. It is mandatory that all the prophets and all the people. God has announced that its obligations under the majestic status.

dgrimm60

CAMRONDELL

thank for posting your comment

dgrimm60

juliadesusa

Prayer is a way to search the GOD,By Prayer only we can get connected to God and from this only we will get the positive energy and faith on God as well as in our activities.So Prayer is more powerful for us in all the ways.

marry5dsouza

Prayer is the way to make our day blissful.By doing it,we get peace ,prosperity and a inner divine beauty.

dgrimm60

JULIADESUSA and MARRY5DS0UZA

thank both of you for your thoughts on this subject

dgrimm60

alenbell

Prayer is simply our communication with God. Included in our prayers are words of praise, thanks, worship as well as our requests. Prayer is that act of going into God's presence to be with the Lord. Prayer is a beautiful, yet communication tool that not only brings us closer to our Father in Heaven, but also fills us with power to overcome the temptations of this world

johnyssmith

Prayer is an expression of his spirit to God, in short, speaks of God are called to prayer. This is a simple heart of our Father in heaven. This is him and tell him all your heart. Prayer is not the compilation of long words or flowery lingo.

dgrimm60

ALENBELL and JOHNYSSMITH

thank you both for you thoughts....there were very good

dgrimm60

abelart

Inspiration of Prayer like a plant water and fertilizer. The Prayer is concentration of the heart and mind. The Prayer of talk with the lord and seems a peaceful and cool.

gridcill

People have faith in God and for that they prayer. It is mandatory that all the prophets and all the people. God has announced that its obligations under the majestic status.
Sometimes we do not realize the importance of prayer. Not only will God answer our prayers but, they also help to draw us closer to Him.
Pages: 1 2